LLB / LP (Hons) Bachelor of Management (Human Resource Management), DBHM
Specialising in all areas of family law including divorce, property and children issues. Sarah graduated from Flinders University with an Honours degree in Laws and Legal Practice. She has concentrated on and developed expertise in Family Law matters where children or property are an issue. Recognising that satisfactory outcomes require an overall problem solving process she gives emphasis to careful enquiry into the needs of clients and ways to resolve issues effectively and efficiently. Sarah’s Bachelor of Management has also been of benefit and aided in her work as a family lawyer. In 2015 Sarah was elected as a Junior Member of the Council of the Law Society of South Australia. Some of Sarah’s case examples include:
- Setting aside a Binding Financial Agreement that was made some 10 years earlier and negotiating a significant superannuation split.
- Obtaining Recovery Orders for the custody of a child who was recovered with the assistance of the Australian Federal Police.
- Setting aside impractical and unfair Court Orders with respect to children’s issues allowing her client more time with the child and overseas travel.
- Resolving a complex and substantial property settlement for a high level company executive that involved multiple interstate properties and Self-Managed Superannuation Funds.
- Multiple claims involving large property settlements.
- Numerous child custody disputes.
Sarah is passionate about her work and brings understanding and empathy to her legal role.